Saturday 27 March 2010

For Paula...


I really don't like pine cones or twigs - it looks like dead, or like Halloween. The candlelight is romantic though.


These boards look like an high school IT project - just aweful. I don't like such boldness as well, they stand out like a sore thumb in the field. An eye sore, fabricated, not at all natural.


I'm afraid I cannot see what is in this image to comment. It is too small. Can you send me an better quality image, if you remember where it came from?


I really don't like corn - wreaths are pretty, but corn reminds me again of being dry and dead. It is also very September, harvest season. I want summer.


I don't like this image - it's contemporay styled, the shape of the votives is very modern and the flowers not very country. It seems cheap and crude somehow. The idea is great, but application would have to be adapted - wood base, candle votives and country flowers.


I don't like these beech candle holders, or that they are sitting in galvinised trays. The whole arrangement is very contemporary, yet already seems outdated. I've already said I don't like twigs, as they look dead.


I like this mood board. Botton right flowers are lovely. Button holes not very 'wedding', they are bland. I don't like figs, but Matt does; and they do go well with cheese so I thin they would do well to feature. However, the cake is too black. I love the idea of alfresco dining in good weather.


I don't like this hair at all. It is too messy and saturated with mousse. Perhaps if the hair was different, I would like the flowers - i'm not sure that I would choose to put roses in my hair.


I love all of these images, except for the terracotta pots and picture frame image at the bottom. The fance picture are interesting, the button hole is lovely, the candles in jars hanging from trees with string is really pretty! The flowers in jars with the iron table number looks great. I'm not sure whether I would be comfortable drinking something so brightly yellow coloured, but the arrangement is lovely - nice balance of colour, natural, informal.


I don't like terracotta pots, twigs or moss. So really don't like this image.


I like this photo, but I don't think there are any trees near enough the barn to do this. Hay bales look good as props for use to sit on or put things on.


I had this on my blog as an example of what I do not like. Again, very harvest/September/Autumn - not Summer. I do love apple juice though, and the punch bowls. I don't like the way the apples are decorating the bowls - looks weird to me.


As above, very harvest/September/Autumn - not Summer. Lifeless, dry, bland.


This is a lovely photo, looks like fun. If only this were a legal way to travel from the church to the reception!


This is a nice idea, but isn't delicate enough for my taste.


An amazing halloween decoration. Not ideal for our wedding. The mirror is a horrible idea, the votive is a lovely shape, the ribbon very nice fabric and would be ideal in another colour. The candle itself is great, but this twigs around it remind me of a crown of thorns.


I don't like this image. The barn is lovely but there is too much corn and hay - not enough green and life. The curtains are a weird idea, it's not clear to me why one would frame a barn door with curtains - maybe the bride and groom wanted a hotel but couldn't afford one, so dressed up their barn with the features of a hotel? Not sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails